Join Northwest landscape photographer, Philip Blair, for this uniquely insightful online workshop, exploring the winter landscape as a point of inspiration in the creation of images that look and feel personal, exploratory, and even peaceful from February 10-19, 2022. Over the course of nine days, this online program will combine live lectures, group discussions, critique of assignments, individual coaching, and technical guidance. Seasons are temporary, but the photographic insights in this intensive course will likely influence how you see spring, summer, and fall as well.
- The essentials of winter landscape photography & introduction to personal expression in outdoor photography
- Finding your frame. Composition in the outdoors.
- Metering for black and white photography
- Black & white methodology, conventional and unconventional contrast schemes
- Leveraging your specific camera’s strengths
- Choices and style in the editing of images
- Management of highlights and shadows
- Accessing the hidden power of RAW files & preparing your image for print
- Pre-workshop one on one portfolio review/meet-and-greet with Phil Blair.
- Four group sessions: Three consecutive days, weekend group sessions (Fri, Sat, Sun). Followed by a fourth final session a week later.
- Group and customized individual assignments
- Mid Workshop One on one review and technical consultation with Phil Blair
- Leica Akademie giveaways and support materials.
- Opportunity to use a Leica loaner camera for the duration of the workshop. (Product selection subject to limited availability.
The workshop will take place online over two-weekends periods. Virtual sessions will be held from 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM Pacific Time, comprised of three consecutive days (Fri, Sat, Sun), and a fourth session the following Saturday. An assignment will be undertaken by each participant individually, to be done during the Mon-Fri between weekends.
Participants will be asked to submit a portfolio or selection of images prior to the start of the class, so Phil can get an idea of their interests and goals
- Friday, February 10: 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM
- Saturday, February 11: 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM
- Sunday, February 12: 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM
- Saturday, February 19: 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM
All four sessions will include breaks between the first and second half.
Note: All times listed are Pacific Time.